Her Bad Mother

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Million Thanks, And Then Some, And A Cupcake, Too

What a wonderful, wonderful - wonderful and amazing and powerful and amazing and wonderful - community the momosphere is. I don't know how to begin to thank you all for sending so much love and providing so much support to me during this difficult time - and I am tempted to say that I don't deserve it, having been such a terrible blog citizen during the early months of this difficult pregnancy - but I'll overcome both of those difficulties and just say it, as loudly and clearly as I can:

THANK YOU.

You - all of you - have made all of the difference in the world in helping me through this difficult time and this difficult set of issues. Your advice, your personal stories, your love - all of it has made it possible for me to move through each day without succumbing to sadness or anxiety. During every moment of gloom, every moment of worry, I've been aware of your warm, virtual hands holding onto mine. And it has, as I've said, made all the difference.

I've decided, for certain now, that I'm going to go in for the test on Thursday. I'll be terrified, but I'll also feel surrounded by good wishes. And I know that all that love will be right here on my computer to comfort me when I get home, too. No matter what.

Love to you all, really.

And a cupcake, from Wonderbaby, if you don't mind a little bit of pre-licked frosting.

(I'm closing comments, because this is a thanks that I don't want anyone to feel they need to respond to. It's just THANKS, no reciprocal love necessary. Also, I'll probably be looking for comfort come Thursday, and I don't want to tap out anyone's goodwill.

In the meantime, if you have excess emotional energies, you could go get worked up over THIS. Yep, more booby-banning. Seriously. It SUCKS. Think about helping us out on this battle - it's a doozy.)